Principles ensure that our work is focused on systemic change or change that involves new ways of applying resources to underlying causes. Systemic change happens when an outcome or goal has been attained; the result is either that the cause of the problem is eliminated, or programs, policies, funding streams and/ or services are permanently altered to reduce the impact of the problem on a long-term basis. The Principle tool is critical to developing a working culture among many stakeholder groups. Communities develop and adopt their own Principles that are relevant to their environment and needs.
Alignment Peoria's Guiding Principles guide our work as an organization. They are as follows:
- Our work is focused on Peoria Public Schools for regional advancement.
- We will collaborate as servant leaders with trust and integrity.
- We will leave self-interest and competing egos at the door.
- While we are focusing on academics, our work will focus on the needs of the whole child.
- Our efforts will be based on benchmarked data and community research to achieve specific measurable outcomes.
- The work will transcend generations.
- The work is designed to support Peoria Public Schools strategic plan.
- The outcome of our work is to enable children to be successful.
- The work is a comprehensive and multifaceted aligning of community and stakeholders.